Sunday, May 3, 2009

Embroidery designs.

You've heard the saying of people being addicted to something,, well I think I am addicted to designs,,, I have 33 designers here,, now that isn't 33 sets,,,, my binders are separated by designers,,, and I have anywhere from 1 set to up to 30 sets froms each one,,, the binder on the left is a3 in D-ring binder,, it is FULL,,,it is so full, I had to start putting them in the 1-1/2 in on the right,,,,I have been collecting them for over 5 yrs,, don't ask me how much I have spent,I don't know,,but I would problably be shocked to.... :0

3 comments:

Karen said...

Hi Anne,
I have to say, I know what you mean, I started out putting my Embroidery design printouts in binders just like you did, I started by the designers and by type of design, then I had some that only had a few designs in them, so I started another binder with the misc. designers. Pretty soon, I had so many designs that I just couldn't keep up with the paper, ink and binders to do all this (not to mention the time it takes). So I finally wound up buying a software program called "Catalog it". It allows me to do the same thing, but on the computer, which is much more cost effective and quicker. And to make sure that I didn't lose any of the work that I had put into it (ask me how I know about that..)I bought an external hard drive with lots of memory to store the designs on. Recently I also bought another program that allows you to see all your designs in a picture format from the original folders (for those that I haven't put into my Catalog It program yet). By buying designs on sale, and through Ebay and on Designs that have memberships, I have accumulated thousands of designs, yes, I did say thousands! I will never in my lifetime have enough time to stitch them all out, but if I need a design for something you can bet I have one for that!

sewbluetiful said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sewbluetiful said...

Hi Karen,, not Anne, but thank you for that info...

Mickie.