Thursday, December 23, 2010

Where did she go,,,

She is still here,, just hiding,,
That's about what if feels like, it feels like I dropped off the face of the earth as far as sewing goes.. my sewing mojo took a trip and it didn't come back,,, :(..

Well hopefully it is back, I have been cleaning out my sewing room "again" not like it really needed it,, but,, you know you find something to do when you don't know what to do, so cleaning it was,,

I have found another part of my problem when it comes to sewing,, or maybe I just didn't want to admit it,, either way,, it is a problem,, making desicions, and being too technical about them,,

You see, my DS, is a VERY technical person,, not in the way of work,, but in thinking about things,, he over thinks in other words,, WAY over thinks,, well, he gets it from me,, for me when I start  thinking about  a pattern, I am probably like a lot of sewers, I find the pattern, material, ect, but for  me I  think,, I have 2 yds more fabric than this pattern needs,, so instead of just using the material, and having some left over, I think, what else could I make with this material that would use more of it,, and I start looking, and find a pattern, but am either not ready to do all the alterations that I know it is going to take,, or I am scared to try it, simply because of how much material there is, and how much trouble it would be to get it on my table,, get it straightened out,, and such.. so, I decide not to do anything,,, does this sound familiar to anyone....

1 comment:

glorm said...

Yup, yup, very familiar. We once discussed the "problem" of what to do with mail, so their has to be a correlation. If you find a solution, let me know.

I would share some sewing mojo except that I had to borrow it and it has to be returned on Monday. Sorry.