Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Instant gratification,,,

After my last jacket,, I needed something quick and easy,, well add "er" to each of those,, ha ha ,, and this was just the thing,, I found some cotton crinkle material in my G-mothers old stash, and in going through my old Thread magazines,, I found an article in there on making broomstick skirts,, now for me,, making the actual broomstick "look" well i'm iffy on that,, but I do like the layers look,, and that is what this skirt is about,, and it is so easy,, you just measure and sew,, basically....

Now it wasn't as quick as I would have liked it to be,, since I did the seam the way I did,, wright side of each upper ruffle to wrong side of lower ruffle,, but it still was enjoyable...

I just like the idea that I can make this skirt in lots of fabrics,, you aren't limited to the crinkle look,, and you can make the layers and depth you want,, and have as many layers as desired... the seam finishes are also changeable...so,  many options for this skirt..

No comments: