Sunday, January 22, 2012

Enlightenment,,,

I got a serious wake up call this weekend,,, that I need to seriously downsize and organize,,,, I have 3 emb machines, my D1 that I use regularly,, well if you can call it regularly,, my Bernina 600 and 330...

I have a friend that I thought might be interested in one,, so asked her,,, OH YES,,, she said,, so I decide on the 600,, now this was my 1st emb machine,, it is a work horse, if I have my D1 in the shop for any reason, I use it,, which is odd, cause its only a 4x4 sewing area, and my 330 is 5x7,, ( my D1 is 6x10 sewing area)BUT,, its dependable,, I can put almost any thread in it and it will sew,, and sew good,,, its quiet, and sturdy,, the 330 well.......now, thats not saying I am giving her a lemon, it is a good machine,, its just I have the 600 to compare it to, and well, if the 330 had the bigger sewing area,,, and bigger bobbins,, it would be great,, but she has never had an emb machine, so I think she will actually do fine,,,

Anyway,, I start looking for everything for the 600,, Buzz box, check; usb cable check; instruction book check; installation  cd, installation cd,,,, oh crap... no installation cd,, OH NO,,, it has been soooo long,, um years? since I last used the 600 that I forgot what we did with it,, and  actually, I told my Dh,, that if the installation cd is actually floppies??? then to get it loaded on my laptop we had to have gone to the OESD site and downloaded the drivers.. laptops don't have  places for disks... sooo,,,for hours I tore apart.(it seemed like) every part of the house I could think of that the "cd" might be,, finally,, no go...

So, I went with plan B,, I would give her my 330... so here I went again,, looking for everything that went to it,,, cables, Cd's instruction book,,, instruction book,,,,, eeeeeeehhhhh,, NNOOOOOO,,, not again,, ok by this time,, I am seriously,, stressed,, and I don't stress out too much, but I am thinking,,, I am sooooo tired of this,,, why why why,,, I have wwwwaaayyy to much stuff,,,,,,,, when I put the "stuff" for each machine up, I really thought I had put everything with it,, well I looked in a bag that went with the 330,, and found the book,,, huge sigh of relief,,,

But now,, my sewing room,,,, WHY is it so bad,, cause I procrastinate.......

I have so much stuff that I put off doing,, or I see something new that looks interesting and get it.. that I just don't have room for everything that I have,,, and I don't do anything with  anything,, it just keeps stacking up....

So,, to the point,, finally huh,, I am going to try to do something in my sewing room everyday, something,, I am putting things up on Sewitsforsale, that I have been wanting to get rid of for a while,,,  I am cleaning off my cutting table so I can cut out fabric,, and I am going to start making little pieces of lace (free standing lace) out of my old Sulky spools of rayon thread that I have had for years, that I didn't know what to do with before,,, so I can get it used up, and my emb designs,, oh my designs,, man I am so glad that they are stored on my computer,,

You know something I have realized lately though,, and no its not that I am a hoarder,,, ha ha,, but that  I like to buy stuff,, well at least sewing related, but stuff,, now it really is generally something that I can use,, but not really something that I NEED,, books, designs, material, patterns, well books and designs,, IF they are on sale,, yes I may buy them,, cause they are easy to store,,  but material,, uh no,,, I am on a fabric fast for a while,, and patterns,, well they are seasonal,,,  and they don't take up too much space,,

So,,,,,,, let me see what I can get done this week,, ha ha,, I just thought,, pictures and blogging is included in this getting something done,, see I have 2 tops, to put on here that have been done for  a while,,, so, I guess I had better get started.......

1 comment:

Judith said...

...and here I sit reading outstanding blogs, gathering a multitude of ideas, instead of getting my act together - think we all procrastinate at some stage...