Saturday, August 4, 2012

ITY top

Another take on my TnT knit top,,  but with one difference,, I used ITY fabric,,, now I made one several months ago,, and didn't like it at all,, so I thought I would try it again,,, I LOVE this one,,,, it is so comfortable  the difference,, I added about 3/8 in to the middle of the side seam,, and yes just to the middle. You know had some shirt styles go in a little for the hour glass shape,,, well my pattern did to,, so I left the side seam straight,, and it worked perfectly,,                    



I wanted to do something different on the neck,, but couldn't decide what,, I wanted it to stand out just a bit and not blend in so much,,, I wanted to put a trim on with the binding,, but with what,, and what color, I either had off white or green to choose from in the colors form material to work with,,, so I got to looking at the material and noticed the white on the salvage,, perfect,, only problem it is not bias, so that means I have to curve it myself,,,


                               

                                      Time for the iron, and a lot of steam,,,,


                                                         

                                                          Whala....








1 comment:

Judith said...

Excellent choice for the neck binding, it gives a touch of definition without and the perfect colour. Sometimes the selvedge's have just that little bit extra to add to a garment...