Sunday, December 17, 2017

Remnant top..

I got this piece of material at Joanns, from there remnant shelf. It is about 22 in Long so it took me a little bit to figure out what to make out of basically, a half of yard piece of material. I had to turn the material sideways to make the top,

I had a real dilemma trying to figure out how to do the neck, I wanted to put elastic in it but I wasn't sure how to do it,because the knit it was not very stable, very unravely. So first I used a wonderful product called wash away wonder tape Here.

The  Wonder tape was the exact width of the elastic I wanted to use,  so I literally just put the tape on around the neck, where I wanted the elastic at clipping as I went.


      
                                                     Wash away tape.

                                                

Peal off the backing.


                                                           Apply the elastic.


Serge the neck and turn under.

                                                     
It worked, and I am so glad, because I have several other pieces to make tops out of like this...

No comments: