Sunday, March 21, 2010

Christening gown

DONE, I won't bore you with all the details that got me here, suffice to say, I have been working on this since Aug of 09, and it finally finished,,




The dress measures from neck, 30 1/2 inches in length, and above the ruffle it is 41 in wide.



Some of the process of making it.
 
Using the hemmer on the ruffle.


Starting the pintucks,, I love pintucks, they are a cheap and easy embellishment, all you need is a double needle and pintuck foot, and two spools of thread. To start the tucks, just mark the fabric, I used a water soluble pen, and marked every few inches, once you get the 1st tuck done, the rest is easy.


The pintuck foot I used has 7 grooves. as you can see, I allign the previous tuck in a groove of the foot, this allows me to keep the other tucks straight using it as a guide,


No comments: